Monday, June 8, 2009

Gods Voice

On Friday past was my sons birthday. He's now 2 and continues to warm my heart every day. He is such fun and has a great mischievous way about him. Both my kids make me laugh every day. Really laugh, not the "someones told a feeble joke so I better laugh" laugh, but real heartfelt laughter. I love it! We'd a great day on Friday just hanging and playing as a family. That night we'd a BBQ due to the wonderful weather. No joke 8 days with no rain and pure sun is always welcome in Ireland. We'd friends over with us for the BBQ. Awesome friends.

On Saturday I'd an invite to meet up with some people who'd come over from a church in the states called Bethal. The pastor is a guy called Bill Johnson who is a man after Gods warrior heart. Anyways, I was asked if I'd like to meet the team for some prayer and encouragement. Rarely would I turn down such an offer. I'm not going to write down what was said to me but, God spoke. I knew none of these people and they knew nothing about me and yet God used them all to speak truth, love and boldness into my life!

I love when God speaks. Too often we wonder what it sounds like. Over the years it has sounded very differently in many different contexts, but you do recognise it when you hear it. Hard to explain. Let me put it another way. In a room full of loud children, I always know when mine are talking or making there own particular noise. Why? Because my ear knows their sounds. It's used to them. My ear hears them all the time. It's the same way with Jesus. Spend enough time with Him and you'll know his sounds!

Saturday was a wonderful time were God spoke truth that I needed to hear and reminded me of things I'd forgotten about. He focused my heart and mind. It was recorded and I recieved it on Sunday night. I listened to it again with Ru and it was just great to listen to it with someone who really knows me! Someone who's honest enough to say that was real or not. All that was said was for the here and now, which was great considering the season we're find ourselves in. All the change going on and God's voice is still loud and clear.

Ru's bro (Simon) came down on the saturday and stayed overnight (always good to see and spend time with him) and my parents came over to see us (really the kids-but thats always cool). Great to see what God is doing in there lives too!

On Sunday Ru, the kids and I went down to Glendalough. I/We love it down there. It's beautiful, historic and refreshing. Always great fun with kids who just want out and to splash in muck and climb everywhere. Good times!

No comments: