Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day

Yesterday was Fathers day. Everyday is Fathers day when I'm around my kids. Not just yesterday, but everyday since they've been born. I love them and how they make me feel. Yes there are times they drive me crazy (Naomi substitutes breathing with talking sometimes and Andrew has found the joy of throwing stuff) but I love them beyond belief! The relationship between a Father and their child should always be special and significant. Unfortunately we live in a world were many don't experience this.

That breaks my heart...

God's Father heart for me was revealed through His son Jesus. If you want to understand the Father, just look at his son and experience Him. When I was a teen God the Father used to freak me out. I looked on Him like an angry God. That was it. My view of the trinity was that God was the angry Father that you very wanted to meet, Jesus was the cool brother, and the Holy Spirit was the weird crazy aunt. Safe to say that my view has changed alot since then.
I love my heavenly Father and I know He loves me. I experience it every day. I see it all around me and I hear Him tell me everyday. Since becoming a Dad I think I got a better glimpse of the Father's heart. Now I always said that before becoming a Dad I wouldn't go all ga-ga and talk like this. But the fact is, I can't help it. There is something about being a Father. Knowing you've brought a child (or two) into the world, you feel responsible for them and want nothing but the best for them. You want you're kids to know the love you have for them but also for them to grow well and strong and be the best they can be.
Knowing what the Father has done for me (and everyone else!) it's humbling and yet liberating! He wants us to be free to live the way we're meant to be, and not chained up by our failings and Satan's view of us. His heart is for me/us to live the way it was before the Fall. I have a Father who is the greatest of them all and I need to live that way.

A Fathers love is very precious and child's response to that love completes it. (1 John 4v12)

No comments: