Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend

So, this weekend past was a bank holiday. Normally these weekends come and go with no real notice as either Ru and I are usually working over a weekend. (Ru was working Sun-Mon has it happened). Anyway, on Friday we all went over to the Phoenix Park in Dublin to hire out some bikes and go for a cycle and picnic. We had a blast! For 4hrs we cycled, played, picniced, cycled, played etc. We had so much fun. All for €10!!! The weather these last couple of days have been fantastic! Been along time coming. I love Ireland (always have!) and when the weather is good Ireland is even more beautiful. The rain doesn't normally bother me that much but since being free from work this last month (can't believe a month has gone by so fast!) it sort of has. Wanting to get out and about is good but better when the weather is good. Ru and the kids (and I-most of the time) love being outdoors. In fact both Naomi and Andrews first few words were "out, out!" Being free to cycle on Friday past was exactly that-Free! When I was younger I used to cycle everywhere and I loved it (too much!), and that feeling of freedom on Friday was very refreshing. Really thinking and praying about getting a bike now!

On the Saturday, I put up 2man tent up in the back garden as Naomi has been wanting to "camp" for some time now. That night, we both slept outdoors for the first (and definitly not the last) time. Naomi was so excited. We told each other stories and sang and laughed alot! It was fun, until 6am came and Naomi wanted to play games cause it was "so bright and exciting to be camping". I was being sent over the edge but this is what memories are made of. Simple things that mean so much. Good times!

No comments: