Friday, July 10, 2009

Working Out The Dream

If I ever write a book, I'd entitle it "Life after the Miracle". So many people when touched by God or when they have an experience with Him, don't know how to move forward. Let me give you an example of the "what if". In John 5v1-8 we read about the man who was healed at the pool. He'd been an invalid (ever thought about that word; invalid!?!) for 38yrs. He has an encounter with Jesus, and BAM he's healed. I love the fact that Jesus doesn't want him to know who healed him (would people put it then down to the "miracle of the pool"?) Anyway, picture it, this healed man walks home to his parents as they'd probably been looking after him. He gets home, his parents are stunned and overwhelmed at their sons transformation. Two maybe three days later after all the celebrations have calmed down his mum or dad sit him down and ask if he's gonna go look for a job.... Now there's a reality check! This guy has the most remarkable encounter with Jesus and, well, life goes on.
Life after the miracle...

Ever been there?
Had an experience with Jesus and life goes on.
A dream comes true and life goes on.
The day you've been longing for was yesterday.
Got the dream job and it's the following week.
Had the greatest time away and now you're home again.

How do we cope with this?
We cope with Jesus and people who get it. We keep moving forward. We don't stop, we keep moving forward. In Ephesians 6 we read about the armour of God. The examples and equipment mentioned are all for moving forward. The world we live in hits us so hard it can be difficult to breathe sometimes but God created us with His Breath so we can keep moving forward. I write this cause I'm now in my new job (loving it) and already I'm beginning to see the task ahead. It fires me up but also freaks me out. Also my best friend and his wife have just come home from the most amazing time away and my heart is with them as they re-adjust.
The wake-up call can seem so intrusive but it's necessary. All we experience can be shared, treasured, laughed about, wept over but always remains Jesus'.

This is Kingdom living. Walking with others, sharing our stories, reminding each other of what Jesus has done and is continuing to do.

We can live life after the miracle with either Fear or Love...

Easier said than done but the same could be said for our dreams...

No comments: