Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chasing the Spirit

On Monday night past a lady named Jackie Pullinger came to "speak" in Redcross. I really had no idea what to expect. All I knew was that she was a missionary in Hong Kong and worked with drug addicts. I thought she'd be some sweet lady with a "nice" message for us to hear and she'd leave us with a little thought-provoker.
Man I couldn't of been more wrong. This woman was not some sweet lady. She was a dangerous servant of Jesus. She spoke in a way that I'd not heard in a long time. She had a fire that she was wanting to impact those around her with. She spoke truth in all she said and pointed everything to Jesus. She took no crap and her relationship with Jesus was so tangible. The place was packed (300+) and people were eager. Eager for something. The worship was from the heart and free which was a blessing to start with. She had a team of 10-15 people with her that took part also. They spoke and interpreted tongues and prophesied with people and prayed for healing for a number of folk too. This was the Kingdom in action and it was beautiful. I was overwhelmed. I really believe that God is stirring his people to be ready. For what? I don't know, but he's wanting us to be ready for what he's wanting to do!
I want to be ready. I want to be part of whatever is on his heart. There's enough rubbish going on around all of us, that we should want more of God's heart revealed. We/I need to be getting more intimate with the Father. That happens through Jesus with the power of the Spirit. God is wanting his people to pursue him with everything! Again I experienced someone speaking truth into my life in things that they'd no clue about which meant it could only be from God. He knows my heart and He loves me beyond my imagination. It's humbling and empowering. Lets not hide the most sacred relationship we have. Lets show those around us the beauty of Jesus so they can see Him too.

Live it...

No comments: